GoogleWebmasterHelp published two videos today, the first is video by Matt Cutts “ Should I use rel=”nofollow” on internal links to alogin page? ” and the second video is of Maile Ohye “ Expanding your site to more languages “.
Maile Ohye said:
“ Google covers best practices for expanding your site to new languages or country-based language variations. We discuss use cases of international sites, implementation of rel=”alternate” hreflang, and best practices. ”
Watch the video below:
- Webmaster Help Center article on rel=”alternate” hreflang and hreflang=”x-default” here.
- Working with multilingual sites here.
- Working with multiregional sites here.
- Introducing “x-default hreflang” for international landing pages here.
- Webmaster discussion forum FAQ on internationalization here.
- Webmaster discussion forum for internationalization here.